Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Little SoulHunters

So, I feel like I should give background to this. I play Warmachine, and found out about five, six months ago that a fellow warmachine player was a fellow brony (for a time. I've sinced lost interest in the show), and he knew I did commission work. So, I agreed to paint his Soulhunters (basically the Light cavalry unit for his army, Cryx), as the Mane 6 from MLP. Oh, and there was also a cavalry solo as well, but I didn't get any photos before handing it off. Here's some pics: 

In the end, I really enjoyed it. Mostly because it was an exercise in color creation. There were no set formulas for any of the colors I used for the main body. I made those up myself, and I'm really proud of the results. I think it's a step in becoming a better painter, no matter the medium; the ability to create colors in your mind without having to rely on outside sources. I should definitely post some more (having just got a new Windsor & Newton brush. Where has it been all my painting life?)

Until Next Time, 
Will

No comments:

Post a Comment